Who are we looking for?
Making world-leading software for the cinema industry using the latest technologies, we offer a fun, agile and collaborative working environment. We continue to innovate and build our reputation as one of the best Kiwi tech companies to work for.
Our SecOps Engineers shape and implement Vista’s security operational monitoring capability and lead responses to security incidents. Work closely with the Security Engineering team to establish a mature and effective security posture across Vista’s services. The role supports the stabilisation and standardisation of security tooling and processes across production and non-production environments.
About the role
Security Operations Management
- Take ownership of, and lead the response to, suspected and confirmed security incidents – feed all findings back into system design as a cycle of continuous improvement
- Help design and implement security initiatives including registers, testing, monitoring, and assessments
- Shape and implement systems, processes, and methodologies to ensure effective and timely monitoring of Vista’s services
- Advocate for and implement a Security First culture
- Proactively assist in the delivery of high-quality security outcomes for Vista’s global operations, including conducting regular reviews of our security posture
Product and Technical Support
- Remain current on all aspects of Vista Cloud technology, deployment, and operational processes
- Train internal support teams and act as the escalation point for queries related to security events, providing a resolution path for issues, whether hands-on assistance or simply direction on how to approach issue resolution
- Provide technical advice and assistance for staff across Vista on security incidents as needed
- Provide security advice to implementation teams as required
- Utilize appropriate tools to log requests with the services team
- Create material for monthly reports regarding Security state/ posture and maturity
The SecOps Engineer Role
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- 2 Years+ demonstrable, hands-on Security Operations experience, including securing API workloads
- Good understanding of Active Directory, AD Domains, DNS, DHCP, networking and firewalling
- Understanding of compliance requirements
- Knowledge of DevOps / Repo, deployment pipelines, and approval processes for IaC (infrastructure as code)
- Understating of distributed architecture, service mesh, of AKS or Kubernetes
- Security certification very advantageous, such as CompTIA Security+, Azure Security Engineer – AZ500, Azure Cyber Security Architect SC-100
- Experience with ITSM Service desks (ConnectWise, Zendesk, etc.) or APM Tools (SolarWinds, Dynatrace, Azure App insights, etc...) advantageous
- Ability to influence technical and business stakeholders to adopt a security-first posture
- Ability to promote the importance of security throughout the business
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with staff and customers
- Ability to work on several tasks or projects simultaneously, prioritizing and following through to successful outcomes
- Ability to effectively manage a varied workload and to meet deadlines
- Friendly, positive personality, and excellent interpersonal skills
You will be supported to continually learn and improve your tech skills, share knowledge and ideas in the team, and be part of a dynamic and open culture.
We have a range of benefits that include:
- Hybrid working
- Medical and Life insurance
- Extended sick leave, paid parental leave and wellness benefits
- Excellent work/life balance, including a 4 ½ day working week
- Strong mentoring & career development focus
- Fun team events including the Vista Innovation cup and our Christmas party
If you enjoy a challenge and working in a dynamic and collaborative team, you’ll love working at Vista.
We value inclusivity celebrate diversity and are committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
Use our online form to applyApply Now