Who are we looking for?
Vista is currently looking for a Software Architect to join our Architecture team and help our teams design, deliver and manage robust software at scale in the Cloud.
Originally created nearly twenty years ago, Vista has grown to become the world leader in Cinema software, selling over a billion tickets annually through our software in 100 countries. NZX50 listed, and with a passionate engineering team Head Quartered in New Zealand, Vista is a true New Zealand Technology success story.
What you’ll do:
- Help our teams create software on the Cloud to sell the world’s movie tickets - including the development of new green fields software as well as the migration of existing software estates to a cloud native state
- Design robust solutions for a truly global scale business
- Get hands on with writing code to help prove concepts and accelerate development
- Work with developers across the world to ensure high quality software that meets the needs of our customers
- Shift easily among projects in a variety of size and scope
- Work with engineering teams as required on high priority issue identification and resolution
The Software Architect - Cloud & Platform Role
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years' in technical leadership roles, designing and delivering solutions to difficult problems
- A good understanding of one or more Cloud Platforms (such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience with modern application delivery platforms such as Serverless or Kubernetes
- Experience creating and maintaining reference architectures and best practices that enable scalable, fault resilient and secure operation
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with .net core, .net 5 and/or .net 6 software development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to inform and influence stakeholders
- A hands-on approach to working with software, teams and stakeholders to deliver great solutions to customers
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Considered a bonus:
- Deep knowledge of modern software architecture design
- Experience with modern front end application frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue
- Experience with creating high performance software at scale
- Experience creating secure mission critical workloads
- Experience with RDBMS and NOSQL database technologies
- Experience transitioning on premise focused software to work natively on the cloud
You will be supported to continually learn and improve your tech skills, share knowledge and ideas in the team, and be part of a dynamic and open culture.
We have a range of benefits that include:
- Hybrid and flexible working, including a 4½ day working week
- Medical and life insurance
- Paid parental leave and wellness benefits
- Free movie tickets and Movie nights
- Strong mentoring & career development focus
- Fun team events that include our Christmas party, employee awards night and our very own hackathon and the Vista Innovation cup
If this sounds like you, get in touch to find out more
We value inclusivity celebrate diversity and are committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
Use our online form to applyApply Now