Who are we looking for?
Joining our Knowledge Services team as a Technical Writer, you'll work alongside our Product Managers and Engineers, identifying documentation requirements, writing, maintaining, and publishing documentation for our Vista products and software releases.
With a number of roles available, we're interested in hearing from Technical Writers with junior and intermediate level experience.
This is a hybrid role combining home and office based work, so you'll need to be able to work 2 to 3 days per week in our central Auckland office.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Taking ownership of your documentation and working with autonomy
- Working in conjunction with the design phase of software development, crafting User Interface (UI) text
- Updating user guides to reflect new or changed features and writing and publishing release notes
- Making Release Training videos for customers, showcasing some of our latest feature development
- Working alongside Marketing to create product specific and technical content such as whitepapers
Vista is a world-leading company that makes software for the cinema industry. Started in Auckland, New Zealand, over 25 years ago, we now serve cinemas, film distributors, and moviegoers worldwide.
Our HQ is in the City Works Depot in Auckland. We have offices and subsidiary companies in Sydney, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Cape Town, Shanghai, Mexico City, and Kuala Lumpur. We use the latest technologies and offer a fun, agile and collaborative environment. We continue to innovate and build our reputation as one of the best Kiwi tech companies to work for.
The Technical Writer Role
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience working as a junior or intermediate level Technical Writer
- Tertiary degree in a related field and training in technical writing (preferred)
- Attention to detail and customer service orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills and experience working with people at various levels across the business
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise projects, and work to pressurised deadlines
- Ability to speak a 2nd language (an advantage)
You will be supported to continually learn and improve your skills, share knowledge and ideas in the team, and be part of a dynamic and open culture.
We have a range of benefits that include:
- Hybrid working
- Medical and Life insurance
- Extended sick leave, paid parental leave and wellness benefits
- Excellent work/life balance, including a 4 ½ day working week
- Strong mentoring & career development focus
- Fun team events including the Vista Innovation cup and our Christmas party
If you enjoy a challenge and working in a dynamic and collaborative team, you’ll love working at Vista.
You must have, or be able to obtain, the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
We value inclusivity celebrate diversity and are committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
Use our online form to applyApply Now