Who are we looking for?
Vista, empowering a world of cinema
Vista is a world-leading company that makes software for the cinema industry. Started in Auckland, New Zealand, over 25 years ago, we now serve cinemas, film distributors, and moviegoers worldwide. Our HQ is in the City Works Depot in Auckland. We have offices and subsidiary companies in Sydney, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Cape Town, Shanghai, Mexico City, and Kuala Lumpur. We use the latest technologies and offer a fun, agile and collaborative environment. We continue to innovate and build our reputation as one of the best Kiwi tech companies to work for.
About our role
You’ll work with sophisticated cloud software, technologies like Azure, Octopus, Kubernetes, Rabbit amqp and set up testing scenarios to ensure our testing process is delivered to quality, budget and time.
Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate and work with the broader engineering and business teams on projects.
- Build BDD based API Test suites with SpecFlow
- Create and Run Performance test suites with JMeter
- Develop tests and helper classes in C#.
- Test frontends Using SpecFlow with Selenium Driver
- Contributing to and enhancing CI CD pipelines
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Test Engineer using a variety of technologies.
- Skilled in coding using any object-oriented programming language including (e.g. Python, C#, Ruby, PHP, Java).
- C#/.Net, Typescript, React, Angular primarily
- Understanding of various testing strategies and practices.
- Be self-motivated with a pragmatic approach and bring a continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and has a positive attitude.
- Enjoys challenges and problem-solving and a love of cinema (preferred but not necessary)😊
Join a team who love what they do and share a passion for great software and great cinema experiences. You will be supported to continually learn and improve your tech skills, share knowledge and ideas in our team, and be part of a dynamic and open culture. Also, you will join a prestigious Kiwi company that is a world leader in the cinema industry and work in one of the coolest industries in the world. We also have a range of benefits for you that include:
- Medical and Life insurance from day one.
- Extended sick leave and paid parental leave.
- Working from home and flexible hours
- Free counselling services through EAP (employee assistance program).
- Wellness benefits including flu vaccinations, fruit in the office and fun events that include the Vista Innovation cup and our Christmas party.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Applications close 10 May 2021.
We value inclusivity and celebrate diversity and are committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates — regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
Use our online form to applyApply Now