Who are we looking for?
Vista is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant, accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment. The primary objective of this position is to support the Vista US office Finance and People & Culture teams, and to process all transactions in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with all relevant rules and legislations in line with the relevant accounting standards.
As a valued member of the US Finance team, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for accounting and bookkeeping tasks involving accounts payable, accounts receivable, business operations and payroll.
The ideal candidate is hands-on and highly organized, happy to roll up their sleeves and works well across all levels of management.
- Process and maintain check payments and ledgers
- Prepare and update internal AR ledgers for management reporting
- Prepare Monthly Billing schedules, working with account managers to ensure all billing inputs are accurate
- Review and document licensing and other statements
- Maintain the licensing email inbox and support site
- Assist with other ad-hoc process improvement projects
- Review and process vendor invoices for approval – ensuring accurate cost coding
- Follow up on vendor payments / vendor inquiries, including account reconciliations
- Compile and source data from documents for internal or external review purposes
- Ensure pass-through payments are processed correctly and bank records are maintained accurately
- Benefits billing – following up with carriers on billing issues, cancellations, and refunds and ensuring insurance deductions are up to date for payroll processing
- Assist with any ad-hoc People and Culture queries
- Assist with ad-hoc payroll processing issues, liaising with staff to resolve
Vista Entertainment Solutions is a global leader in film industry software solutions. We are one of the leading producers of software for the cinema market worldwide. Vista software is used to operate cinemas in over 65 countries around the world including the USA, Canada, Mexico, UK, Africa, India, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and many more.
Vista’s Los Angeles office is responsible for project implementations, sales, customer support and development for Vista’s North American client base.
The Assistant Accountant Role
We’re looking for:
- Proven commercial experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail and a structured approach to planning tasks
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to work without immediate supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to handle and process sensitive information
- Must be highly organized and able to deal with a high volume of data
- Degree qualified in an Accounting / Finance related subject
We’ve got you covered. Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision cover
- 401(k) with company match
- Pet Insurance
- Free Parking or commuter reimbursement
- Cool movie perks
- Great office culture with organized social outings and activities
Sound like you? Apply today!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Use our online form to applyApply Now