Put power in your guest’s hands and give a sleek, easy check-in experience with Self Scan!
Running on a touch-screen device, Self Scan is a lightweight, practical app that allows cinema patrons to scan their own tickets - it's as easy as flashing a printed ticket or digital receipt on their phone!
- Reduce the requirements on staffing with a single staff member monitoring screens in place of multiple tearing tickets.
- Allow staff and moviegoers to maintain distance for health safety with ease.
- Provide moviegoers with greater autonomy and flexibility.
- Compatible with various Android devices, and able to scale responsively to the size of your chosen screen
The story behind Self Scan
At the end of 2018, Event Cinemas opened a brand new cinema site in Australia, implementing an original approach to concession sales. Moviegoers wouldn’t queue at a traditional concession stand anymore but would collect their order – pre-paid online or purchased at a kiosk when entering the cinema – at a self-service candy bar. In order to achieve this, Event Cinemas needed a form of self-service validation which could be monitored by staff.
After several rounds of collaborative design and feedback between Event Cinemas and Vista teams, the idea of Self Scan was born, with an immediate focus on providing a great level of flexibility for cinemas depending on their site layout. The 3 modes Tickets Only, Concessions Only, or Tickets & Concessions were part of the initial scope, as Event quickly concluded they would benefit from expanding Self Scan across the cinema, for all type of orders.
Since then, Event Cinemas implemented Self Scan in various location across Australia.
Self Scan has primarily been designed to run on a 22" Elo I-Series Android touchscreen device. It has also been tested on different Android devices and can scale responsively.
- Touch screen for keyboard entry
- Scanner support
- Mounting and traffic flow
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ APQ8053 2.0GHz Octa-Core
- 3GB DDR3L
- Full HD 1920 × 1080 @ 60Hz
- Android 4.4 or above.
To learn more about Self Scan or request a demo, get in touch with your account manager or contact us.
We have prepared a document that describes in detail how to install Self Scan in an existing Vista environment. You can access it by going to our Customer Services Site below.More Information